Tuesday, November 12, 2013

SADE "A Relationship Sour" - Dedication Poem

Sade is my favorite female singer so this is why I had no choice but to do a little freestyle on her. I used her song titles. Obviously :)

 

On my balcony, I watched stars dance around the moon,
 lusting for communication.
We use to "Cherish the Day", when each hour was like "Paradise".
I must admit, "This is No Ordinary Love”.
A year ago, I thought I was a "Smooth Operator",
 as I approached you in the local Jazz Club.

I was arrogant and naive at the same time,
talking about "Nothing Can Come Between Us",
once you groove to my mellow movements.
I must admit, I'm stupid.
My siblings, each preached the gospel,
 after six months of mental torture.
Damn, this “Soldier of Love”,
is the definition of mental torture.

Your passion is magnetic but,
"It’s Never As Good as The First Time",
Well…………Sometimes.
I was determined to ignore everyone because,
 love is "Stronger Than Pride".
Maybe this was lust, maybe you run from trust.
My Aunt called you a "Jezebel",
but you’ve given me "The Kiss of Life".
I would like to “Hang On To Your Love”,
even if it kills me.
Hell, this “Mermaid” actions,
just might kill me.

"Is it a Crime",
that even though we fight a "War of Hearts",
I still love you?
Somewhere in the middle of this Institution,
I seek refuge from you but I remain stubborn.
You are the Vulture, eating at my remains.
Mentally, I stay "By Your Side",
there is no need to "Keep Looking".
Maybe, I’m going insane.

Tonight,
I serve as the "King of Sorrow".
I BELIEVE IN YOU.
I'm Stupid.
This is “A Relationship Sour”
You use to be Sweet.
”Why Can’t We Live Together”?
You use to be so Sweet.
Without your armor,
 I know longer have a “Bullet Proof Soul”.


 
The End

1 comment: